Sunday, February 23, 2014

Packing Mantras From Chesterton


Weekends with Chesterton: cultivating the intellectual lifeUsing a little Chesterton wit to try to keep some perspective while I pack a house into storage, seven people for a month overseas, and two of us for a trip to Africa in the middle. 

“An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered.” – On Running After Ones Hat, 
All Things Considered, 1908

  • I will see this as an adventure, I will see this as an adventure, I will see this as an adventure....

“The comedy of man survives the tragedy of man.” – ILN, 2-10-06
  • I will laugh at myself, I will laugh myself, I will laugh at myself...

“When we step into the family, by the act of being born, we do step into a world which is incalculable, into a world which has its own strange laws, into a world which could do without us, into a world we have not made. In other words, when we step into the family we step into a fairy-tale.” – Heretics, CW, I, p.143
  • This is my fairy tale life, this is my fairy tale life, this is my fairy tale life...

No comments:

Post a Comment