Friday, February 7, 2014

Welcome to the FIRST First Fridays With Pope Francis!


I hope you will enjoy sharing your favorite Pope Francis moments of the month with us and coming back to see what everyone else chose.

I both love and hate how much media coverage and social media attention has been paid to Francis. But as a missionary, I have been so uplifted and encouraged by his words and his simple, fatherly mannerisms. I am excited to create a space where we can together truly honor Pope Francis and the ways he is helping us as his flock grow.

This month, I was really encouraged by the pope's words when he met with members of the Neocatechumenal Way, who serve as lay missionaries around the world. I first read about it in this article and then later found the full copy of his address. While we are not members of that particular group, I felt like Pope Francis could be talking to us when he said:

"My thoughts go to a special to the families, who will go out to different parts of the world to proclaim and witness to the Gospel. The Church is great for your generosity! I thank you for all you do in the Church and in the world."

It was like getting a great fatherly hug and bit of encouragement. And this tweet was a great reminder for me to cling to Jesus above all else:

Photo

Favorite image? I had a lot this month, but I really love this one of Pope Francis having lunch with his rabbi friends on January 20. It's just such a lovely picture of his true and personal commitment to love, be open, and share with everyone he meets.


So what about you? I can't wait to stop and see what you'll be sharing about Pope Francis. If you don't have a blog, feel free to share your favorite Francis moments in the comments section below! Don't forget to add the graphic to your post and invite your followers to join us!






No comments:

Post a Comment